I finally started to dig through all the shaky video I took at Disney World, finally taking advantage of all the iMovie and iDVD and iWhateverElse I’ve been paying for with every OS X update.
It’s reasonably fun, but it sure takes a hell of a lot of time. And I’ve learned it’s crucial to save early and save often — the files are so huge it took 30-45 minutes just to make a back-up, and one crash of iMovie wiped out everything.
I started with the video I took of the Team Possible game at Epcot. I somehow managed to make it seem a lot more dull than it really was — I suppose I’d gotten numb to all the sights around Epcot by that time, so I ended up just videotaping the phone’s screen. You didn’t spend as much time staring at the screen in the real game, I swear.
Another funny thing: when I was looking through the video, right at a really cool point in the game, it cuts to an extended shot of my stomach. Then it cuts to the inside of my pants pocket. For like 10 minutes. I’d managed to get the record/don’t record mixed up, and missed a big chunk of the game. I could say that I finally know what it’s like to be in my pocket when I’m walking around, but I don’t know that that’s such a good thing.
Anyway, here are the videos I’ve put up so far. I can put up the others if anyone’s interested.
- Prologue: Head to Canada, get your Kimmunicator, watch the briefing video.
- UK Briefing: Head to the UK and find your secret contact in the window of the Toy Soldier store.
- UK Plans Phone Booth: Receive a mysterious call from the Ministry of Meterology, who’ll help you’ll find the secret plans to Duff Killigan’s weather machine.
- France Hideout Gargoyle: Plant a tiny bug on the gargoyle inside the lobby of the cinema in France, use it to eavesdrop on Senor Senior, Sr. and Senor Senior, Jr.
- Finale: Final showdown with Dr. Drakken.